Flameshield Fireduct for Car Park Extraction
The application of ductwork in Car Parks and Basements differ from other areas. These enclosed areas require a ductwork system extracting fumes and smoke. There are two methods that can be used for ventilation:
- Natural ventilation involves the permanent opening of the floor area to around 2.5% contributing to a through draft.
- Mechanical ventilation however is more specific - six air changes per hour must be provided in normal conditions. In the event of a fire, this increases to ten per hour. 50% of extract points must be arranged so that they are at a high level and the rest is at a low level.
The following requirements are expected from Car Park Extraction Ductwork:
- The system must have a melting point of 800 deg. C minimum in all components
- Fire dampers must not be used for enclosed car parks or basements in their extraction systems.
- 90% of the ductworks cross sectional area must be retained - within both the fire compartment and adjacent compartments.
Flameshield Products guarantee all of the above requirements - Flameshield Fireduct is perfect for use in basements and car parks.